Show newer

- Hacking on a feature one of the first users asked for. Finally getting around to it. 😅
- Fixed a bunch of issues on and pushed a new release. It made $120 in July. \o/

Worklog: since I shipped subs I'm letting myself noodle around this week.

🎛️ Building an DAW (Pd + ClojureScript) for a music project.
🌲 Upgrading Gitea on all boxes.
👾 Getting back into coding.

Worklog: morning hacking on AlgoTracker. Got procedural sample generation working (update in video). Then worked on a new TweetFeast feature and shipped a release.

Worklog: quietly launched the new subscription version of Melody Generator on Monday. There is nothing more humbling than presenting your business hypothesis to real people's wallets.

Wednesday: hacked on a new TweetFeast idea, then tinkered with algorave code into the evening.

Worklog: got the last bit of UI done on Melody Generator subscription updates. I think I might be able to ship this Monday. 🤞

Worklog: busy day hacking on different projects. Monitoring script. Upgraded all machines. Wrote a script to test post-upgrade functionality. muting functionality. bugfix + shipped a release.

@b0rk @simon Please excuse my @@ but since you have both written about building web frontends without complex tooling I thought you might like this wee open source tool I made to support the zero-build-system workflow and give you live-reloading in the process. Anyway, hopefully it will be useful! Thank you for your time. 🙏

Worklog: excellent progress on today. Currently 5 issues until I can ship the new version.

Worklog: continuing progress on Melody Generator. Looking forward to cutting a release. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Also tinkered a bit with generating sprites again. Started putting together a bit of a website to showcase what I've found. Not sure about this. 

Worklog: got multi-melody playback working in the Melody Generator UI. \o/

Worklog: automating custom domain config on and then tinkered with sending Bluetooth LE ad packets between devices for music app sync research.

Worklog: Wednesday I discovered Pd on Linux can now run win32 VSTs and soundfonts. 🤯 Futzed around with synthesizers all day long.
Today: upgraded all boxes and enabled Gitea Actions on them.
Worked on the Melody Generator multi-melody feature both days.

Worklog: spent all day repeatedly trying to shepherd my focus back to an unpleasant modification to the Melody Generator codebase (i.e. a hack) which will enable the "multiple simultaneous melodies" feature. Been avoiding this change for 3 years. 😅

Worklog: spent a couple of days working on Melody Generator save functionality.

Worklog: (Wednesday) Implemented saving and loading of melodies on Melody Generator.

Worklog: (Monday) Experimenting with generating and auto-slicing game assets. Not entirely sure where this is going but it's fun to tinker with.

👋 Hello! I'm very excited to announce the release of! 🎉

🎁 It's a simple utility you can use to do live-reloading web dev without complicated build tooling. Just drag your project on to the page to start.

Worklog: down with the flu for several days. Managed to eke out some progress on Melody Generator,, and getting web live reloader ready for launch.

Show older

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!